I tried a recipe called spicy chicken. I found it in a cookbook called You Can Cook by Annabel Karmel. It is very much like a curry chicken. It is not that spicy so you can always add hot sauce or something else to spice it up. You can eat it with rice and some Indian bread. Here is the recipe.
You will need:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast fillets, cubed
- salt and pepper
For the marinade
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp mild curry powder
For the sauce
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 x 14 oz (400 g) can diced tomatoes
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- For the marinade, mix together the yogurt, ginger, garlic, and curry powder. Add the chicken and mix to coat. Cover and put in the fridge for2 hours or overnight.
- To make the sauce, melt the butter over medium heat and saute the onion for 5 minutes. Add the garam masala, ground coriander, and ginger and saute for another 5 minutes.
- Add the broth honey, tomato paste, and canned tomatoes. Stir, then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the cream and simmer for 10 more minutes until thick.
- Line a baking sheet with with aluminum foil and arrange the marinated chicken cubes on it. Broil for 8 to 10 minutes, turning the pieces over halfway through cooking.
- Add the cooked chicken and lemon juice to the sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Simmer for a couple of minutes, then serve with boiled rice.